Orange fruit is the best-known source of vitamin C, which is good for our health. However, most of the benefits of orange fruits are in their skin. Orange peels are loaded with highly nutritious compounds that are beneficial to our health.
Orange peels contain more than 60 types of flavonoids and over 170 different types of phytonutrients. It is rich in various pectins, vitamins, minerals, and fiber. In this post, I will be talking about 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Orange Peels.
10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Orange Peels.
- Fight Cancer: orange peels contain substances called poly methoxy flavones which protect against cancer formation and its development in various organs of the body. Due to its antioxidant protein, It helps fight a large number of cancers like skin cancer, lung cancer, breast cancer, stomach cancer, and colon cancer.
- Aid weight loss: Orange peels are low in calories and abundant in dietary fiber which makes them an excellent food for weight loss. They ensure proper utilization of calories and eliminate the excess body fat, which is essential for losing weight.
- Help to fight signs of aging: Orange peels contain a high percentage of antioxidants that help to fight free radicals responsible for the appearance of wrinkles and skin sagging.
- Boost Digestive Health: Orange peels contain high percentages of dietary fiber, which is good for digestive health. It helps in regulating your bowel movement and ensures proper digestion of essential nutrients.
- Protect The Teeth: They contain active antibacterial properties that prevent the build-up of bacteria in the mouth and prevent dental cavities. Limonene present in orange peels act as a natural solvent and naturally help whiten the teeth.
- Lowering Blood Sugar Levels: Orange peels contain pectin, a fiber that plays a crucial role in regulating the blood sugar level.
- Reduce Bad Cholesterol: It contains a large amount of soluble fiber known as flavonoids, which helps to reduce the proportion of bad cholesterol in the blood. It also helps to maintain normal blood pressure levels.
- Strengthens The Heart: It is rich in hesperidin, which plays a crucial role in reducing the cholesterol level in the body and lowering blood pressure.
- Prevent Constipation: It contains a high content of dietary fiber, which facilitates bowel function and supports the functions of the digestive system which prevents and treats constipation.
- Reduce The symptoms of morning sickness in Pregnant women: Many pregnant women suffer from morning sickness. The smell of orange peels for five minutes helps to reduce the severity of morning sickness symptoms.
Thanks for stopping by!!!
Hey there! I’m Oluborode Ayokanmi, the blogger behind this site. I’m a student. I write about recipes from around the world. I love trying out new recipes. I learnt most of these recipes from my mum. She is my source of inspiration.